Sunday, January 28, 2018

Lancome Grandiose Extreme Review With Pictures... Is It The Best Mascara?




 Lancome has been known to have some pretty great mascaras and I was anxious to try this one when it caught my eye. I have been slowly trying them out to find which is my favorite. I will be doing a review on all of them and rating them from 1 to 10.  

The first one I reviewed is their 'Grandiose Extreme' a mascara they claim will give you volume, length and up to 24 hours of wear. The wand is shaped in what they have trademarked " The Swan Neck Wand" which is what helps you achieve the latter.

Grandiose Extreme  

My first impression of the mascara is how beautiful the packaging is. I really liked the shape and details of the bottle. 

The curve of the wand is meant to help apply the mascara more precisely. It took some getting used to but after a few strokes I got the hang of it and it actually does help apply it more precisely. 

The texture of the “formula”that coats your lashes is very nice. It allows enough time for you to brush the mascara and style them to your liking then dries to a vibrant matte black 👌🏾

The real concern all woman have when wearing a mascara... Is it going to run on me? I have really sensitive eyes and they constantly get watery, so I’m very picky when it comes to choosing my ride or die mascara. 

The first time I wore it I had a full face of makeup on, I was in front of lights and I moved around a lot. The mascara did not run it held up well. So I’m starting to get really excited now.

However it looked spidery and clumpy, I was very disappointed at this. 


I was ready to put it back in the box to return it, then I realized why my lashes were so clumpy. I got eyelash glue on them . How does one forget to wait for the glue to get tacky. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I gave it a fair try again and my lashes looked a lot better. I worked out and cleaned the house, it did not run. My lashes held the curl and length for like 10 hours.  


The Score 

I would rate this mascara a 7, the wand design can be a little tricky and I smeared mascara on my eyelid and cheeks a few times.

The application of the mascara would go on so much more even and less heavy if the wand didn’t pick up on so much formula. The solution would be to wipe some of it off but then you end up wasting a lot of product. 

Overall it’s a good mascara with more positives then negatives but it’s definitely worth trying. 

What Mascara should I review next? 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to read your comments and I respond to them on a daily basis.
Me encanta leer sus comentario, y respondo a diario.